Rochester Primary Care understands that often times our patients would prefer to see a specialist without seeing their primary care physician. Since we cannot evaluate medical problems over the phone, we prefer to see you in our office to determine the proper treatment and care. If a referral is required, we need to identify the condition and refer you to correct specialist.
Many insurance companies require the primary care physician to evaluate the problem before a referral can be made. If you need testing or a referral to a specialist, always check your insurance policy to confirm the coverage, ensure that the specialist participates in the insurance and determine if a formal referral is required. If coverage is required, notify our office by calling 248-759-5460.
Please be sure to have the specialist/facility name, phone/fax number, and the reason for visit as well as the dates of service. Also, make sure to leave your full name, the spelling of your name and your date of birth. Please be mindful that referrals are completed within 5-7 business days from the date of a request. Out of network referrals, prior authorizations and other specialized referrals may take more than 7 business days to complete.
Rochester Primary Care is not financially responsible for any charges due to lack of referral.
At Rochester Primary Care, we value your health and wellbeing. We work hard to ensure that you get the best quality care, appropriate drug treatments, listen to your concerns, and provide solutions that best fit your healthcare needs.
It is our policy, that we require regular office visits based on the type of medication you are currently prescribed. Please be sure you have enough medication to last until your next scheduled visit. It is recommended to write down your medications including the name, dosage, and frequency OR you bring the bottles with you to your appointment.
Please allow an appropriate amount of time for your refill requests to be processed. Our office requires a minimum of 3 business days for refills to be processed and 4 days for written prescriptions. Please let the staff know if your request is urgent, in which case, we will make an effort to get the refill requests sent sooner. No controlled substances will be called in after hours.
If you call to request a refill but are overdue for a follow-up visit and/or blood work (necessary for monitoring the safety or effectiveness of a medication), the provider may agree to call in enough medication to a local pharmacy to last until we are able to schedule an office visit. It is your responsibility to schedule an appointment before you run out of medication. We encourage you to schedule your next visit before you leave our office.
An office visit may be required every month to every three months, based on your condition and prescriptions.
Please be sure to inform the staff of any changes in pharmacies or requests being sent to an out-of-town pharmacy.
We have various ways that you may have your refill request sent to us to make it more convenient for you!
Call your pharmacy and they will be able to request authorization on your behalf, your provider may authorize the refill and the pharmacy will fill the prescription.
Message us in the patient portal and we will get the message sent directly to us quickly
Call us at 248-759-5460 during our hours of operation
This policy will help us provide safe, high-quality medical care to you and your family.
We understand there are times when you are not able to make your scheduled appointments due to various things that life can throw your way. At Rochester Primary Care, we ask that patients provide us with a 24-hour notice of cancellation. We will make our best efforts to reschedule your appointment at a convenient time for you and your family. We believe that you deserve quality healthcare and we continue to make our best efforts to be available for your care.
Keep in mind that when you do not show for you scheduled appointment or notify us of not being able to keep the appointment that was scheduled, the office will consider this a missed appointment (No call, no show). This will help us to ensure that we can fit other patients in and to not lose valuable time with treating patients that need to be seen. By notifying us, this allows us to reschedule your appointment more efficiently, as well.
Our office uses reminder calls, as a courtesy to you, to remind you of your appointment date and time. If you do not receive the message or we have incorrect contact information, the cancellation policy will still remain effective.
Our office policy is after three consecutive missed and/or canceled appointments, we will provide our patients with a 30-day written notification of discharge from our practices services.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, please let our staff know and we will be happy to answer any concerns that you may have.
We thank you for choosing Rochester Primary Care to take care of you and your family.
Thank you for choosing Rochester Primary Care as your primary care provider. We are committed to providing you with quality and affordable health care. Because some of our patients have had questions regarding patient and insurance responsibility for services rendered, we have been advised to develop this payment policy. Please read it, ask us any questions you may have, and sign in the space provided. A copy will be provided to you upon request.
1. Insurance. We participate in most insurance plans, including Medicare. If you are not insured by a plan we do business with, payment in full is expected at each visit. If you are insured by a plan we do business with, but don’t have an up-to-date insurance card, payment in full for each visit is required until we can verify your coverage. Knowing your insurance benefits is your responsibility. Please contact your insurance company with any questions you may have regarding your coverage.
2. Co-payments and deductibles. All co-payments and deductibles must be paid at the time of service. This arrangement is part of your contract with your insurance company. Failure on our part to collect co-payments and deductibles from patients can be considered fraud. Please help us in upholding the law by paying your co-payment at each visit.
3. Non-covered services. Please be aware that some – and perhaps all – of the services you receive may be non-covered or not considered reasonable or necessary by Medicare or other insurers. You must pay for these services in full at the time of visit.
4. Proof of insurance. All patients must complete our patient information form before seeing the doctor. We must obtain a copy of your driver’s license and current valid insurance to provide proof of insurance. If you fail to provide us with the correct insurance information in a timely manner, you may be responsible for the balance of a claim.
5. Claims submission. We will submit your claims and assist you in any way we reasonably can to help get your claims paid. Your insurance company may need you to supply certain information directly. It is your responsibility to comply with their request. Please be aware that the balance of your claim is your responsibility whether or not your insurance company pays your claim. Your insurance benefit is a contract between you and your insurance company; we are not party to that contract.
6. Coverage changes. If your insurance changes, please notify us before your next visit so we can make the appropriate changes to help you receive your maximum benefits. If your insurance company does not pay your claim in 45 days, the balance will automatically be billed to you.
7. Nonpayment. If your account is over 90 days past due, you will receive a letter stating that you have 20 days to pay your account in full. Partial payments will not be accepted unless otherwise negotiated. Please be aware that if a balance remains unpaid, we may refer your account to a collection agency and you and your immediate family members may be discharged from this practice. If this is to occur, you will be notified by regular and certified mail that you have 30 days to find alternative medical care. During that 30-day period, our physician will only be able to treat you on an emergency basis.